Legacy Podcasts

We love music as much as you do.

Alan Light (The Sarah McLachlan Podcast)

Posted by Podmaster On August - 11 - 2008

Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

Music journalist Alan Light recounts his first experience seeing Sarah perform live and his intro spin of the classic album “Fumbling Towards Ecstasy.”

');
Categories: Sarah McLachlan |

7 Responses to “Alan Light (The Sarah McLachlan Podcast)”

1. Alexis says:

I totally agree with Light and I am a true lover of McLachlan’s music. I really wish she would get another Lilith Tour going because I was too young in music to understand and appreciate this music, this voice, this angel. I’d love to have a front row seat to her next concert, so long as I get to meet the lady herself.

My goodness, no one has changed my life nearly as much as Sarah McLachlan has. That may sound pathetic to you, but this music, her talent….this has healed me.

2. Peter says:

I would love her to come to London and perform

3. josephhyde says:

For me, Fumbling Towards Ecstasy is a jaw-dropping, soul-wrenching performance, a sapphire in my hand that twinkles on the back of a scorpion.

Lyrically, musically, and stylistically, Fumbling is a finely crafted work of art. Sarah may think she’s fumbling, but I say she’s a marksman with a voice, and can drop you to your knees from any horizon.

I totally agree with Alexis. No other artist has moved me so profoundly. The sweetness of her voice, the dark authenticity of the lyrics, the subtle blending of the two is at once, exquisite and unendurable. I often feel like Odysseus, tied to the mast.

4. Bianca says:

I totally agree with Alexis’ comentary. Listening and watching Sarah performing is a blessing. Her songs show how much music can affect souls and make life looks better.

I hope Sarah continue on lightening our lives with her beautiful songs.

5. Kristin says:

Sarah McLachlan really is The One artist for me, and I hope to see her back in Oslo, Norway soon, so I can bring all of my friends who also loves her now…

6. […] on Sun 30-11-2008 Sarah Palin’s Pregancy Decision Map Saved by nabaselic on Sat 22-11-2008 Alan Light (The Sarah McLachlan Podcast) Saved by itavlf on Wed 19-11-2008 Executive Experience: President of the PTA. Saved by hiraba on […]

7. Concerned citizen says:

Alan Light’s comments about Sarah McLachlan are really worth hearing, and so are both of Darryl DMC McDaniel’s podcasts. Thanks, Legacy Recordings, for making such high-quality material available.